The reasons your business should be on Pinterest include the opportunity to:
- Extend your brand personality and story with images
- Draw people to particular articles, pages or products on your website
- Publicize your participation in a trade show
- Engage with your brand advocates
- Get feedback on which of your product images are appealing from customers and prospects
- Protect your brand name by securing your Pinterest user name before someone else does
- Promote travel destinations by offering images to be shared across Pinterest for bucket lists
- Provide a link to a specific e-commerce product page for a sale
- Find out how customers are using your product
- Get ideas from what your competitors are doing
- Live pin a fashion show
- Reach new visitors who might not find you through other means
High Point Market uses Style Spotters for their trade shows
Kauai Visitors Bureau promoted Kauai businesses exhibiting at the International Flower Show by creating a board
How Customers Use Product
Chobani gets ideas for new products from customers’ pins illustrating what they mix in their yogurt
Use the Curalate dashboard to track four competitors
Live pinning a fashion show allows you to show your new collection, while engaging customers and creating content for blogs and trade publications to use to publicize your brand. Oscar de la Renta and others have done this.
Daily Grommet reported in March that “83% of Pinterest visits are from new visitors”.
The following infographic comparing buying behavior related to Facebook and Pinterest is based on the social shopping market research survey published by SteelHouse on May 29.
A market survey with Pinterest users is certainly welcome. Having worked for six years as a director in a large market research company (then called Japan Market Research Bureau – part of J Walter Thompson), I am itching for survey data.
I wrote about why you should be on Pinterest for The Garden Island Newspaper.
You will find valuable tips on my How To Use Pinterest Board on Pinterest.
I am proud to be hosting a panel on How Big Brands Are Using Pinterest to Drive Business at BlogWorld Expo Social Media Business Summit NYC June 7 at 2:30. If you can’t make it in person to this great conference, I highly recommend buying a virtual ticket. This gives you archives of all of the sessions as well as daily bonuses during the conference. Use my speaker discount code BLindaS10 for a 10% discount when you purchase your BlogWorld ticket or virtual ticket
Even if you are not a Big Brand there are things you can learn about what to do on Pinterest from select Big Brands on Pinterest since early this year. I purposely focused on brands that have relevant similarities to a broad range of businesses in this article.